Blizzard looks to be teasing something new for Overwatch on the horizon, but no one has a clue what it could be or when it will happen. The company posted a rather ominous tweet earlier today, which we have for you below.
It shows off a street, which doesn’t really look like any of the streets we’re used to seeing in the game (perhaps King’s Row or Dorado?), with a couple different posters on the wall making references to the Omnic War, as well as a monkey in a spacesuit. Beyond that, it’s six seconds of calm street noise as they call it “Calm before the storm.”
Calm before the storm. pic.twitter.com/yxzXyzdzuA
— Overwatch (@PlayOverwatch) June 21, 2018
Now, seeing as how the devs at Overwatch love to play games with what the hell is actually going on, our best guess is a new character reveal. We know that’s a bit of a stretch seeing as how we just recently got Brigitte, but this can’t be an event since the company is so close to Summer Games and made it clear last year they weren’t going to add more than what they already have. And we already got two new maps during the last two events. So, best guess, we’re getting someone new added to the fray that we may have already heard about. Time will tell as we wait for the next cryptic message.
- Monkey King: Hero is Back Receives a New Trailer
- Blizzard Has Started Selling Tickets for the Overwatch World Cup
- Overwatch Receives a New Update with Endorsements and Symmetra Changes
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018
- Bandai Namco To Announce Cell and Piccolo in Jump Force - November 18, 2018
- CBS Announces Gamers’ Choice Awards Complete With Nominees - November 18, 2018
- Ubisoft Reveals More Rainbow Six Siege Operators and Mission Info - November 18, 2018
- Rapper 2 Milly Claims He’s Suing Epic Games Over Fortnite Emote - November 18, 2018