Well, it looks like Sony is going to be the butt of a few jokes over the next couple months, and Minecraft decided to throw the first punch. In their latest ad for the Nintendo Switch version of the game, the company decided to fire off some pop shots in a matter of 30 seconds by showing off how players on the Switch can cross-play the game with players on Xbox One. It’s a pretty bold move for the company coming off of the entire Fortnite debacle, but one the folks at Sony should have seen coming.
Minecraft went through its own phase like this with Sony over the PS4 version not being able to do cross-play with Xbox and PC owners. Right now, unless someone else on a PS4 owns the game, you’re basically building homes and having weird adventures on servers that don’t connect to anyone else. It’s highly doubtful that this kind of ad will get a couple of people at Sony to change their minds about the entire cross-play idea, but its great advertising for Microsoft and Nintendo as they can now boast that either version will connect you to your friends on another console. I wonder if Fortnite will do the same?
- Microsoft Announces New Minecraft Game with Minecraft: Dungeons
- Epic Games Adds Dual Pistols to Fortnite in Latest Patch
- Shikhondo: Soul Eater Gets a New Gameplay Trailer for PS4
- Fortnite's Campaign Mode is Getting a Big Update
- Konami Reveals New Yu-Gi-Oh! TGC Structure Deck: Soulburner - November 16, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Receives a New Expansion in Shadowbringers - November 16, 2018
- Subnation Partners With DreamHack as Their Cultural Experience Partner - November 16, 2018
- Nintendo Will Not Be Making an N64 Mini, For Now - November 16, 2018
- Overwatch Enters Another Free Weekend to Show Off Ashe - November 16, 2018