BOOM! Studios has released a first look at Bone Parish, the new comic from genetically engineered super-writer Cullen Bunn and artist Jonas Scharf which is, despite the impression the name might give you, not a porno that takes place in a church. Instead, the comic is billed as an “all-new chilling necromantic horror series, which does seem more in line with BOOM!’s traditional offerings, now that we think about it.
Here’s what the story is about:
A new drug is sweeping through the streets of New Orleans. One made from the ashes of the dead. Wars are being fought over who will control the supply, while the demand only rises. While the warring factions collide, users begin to experience terrifying visions of the dead coming back to life—through them.
This powerful debut issue features a main cover by Lee Garbett (Lucifer) with variant covers by Rod Reis (Doctor Strange: Damnation) and Tyler Crook (Harrow County).
BOOM! Editor Eric Harburn delivered this press release’s standard editorial quote:
At its heart, BONE PARISH is a story about family—how we define it, how we do right by it, and the choices we make to preserve it. This is an unflinching look at how we connect to—and disconnect from—the world around us, wrapped in a special kind of horror crime story that only Cullen, Jonas, Alex, and Ed could deliver.
Look for Bone Parish #1 in stores on July 25th, and check out the preview below:
- Adventure Time Lives On Comic Form in First Look at Season 11 #2 - October 18, 2018
- It’s Time to Admit There Isn’t a Snyder Cut of Justice League… Because There’s 2 of Them - October 18, 2018
- Get Your First Look at The Great Wiz and the Ruckus Middle-Grade OGN - October 18, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men #1: A New Preview, and Writers’ Finals Words - October 18, 2018
- Earn Your Preview Badge With This First Look at Black Badge #4 - October 18, 2018