If you’ve been following Piranha Games’ work on MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, you’ve probably been slowly counting the days until this December. Unfortunately, you’ll need to cross the month off your calendar as word came out this week that the game will be delayed until 2019. The company’s president Russ Bullock took to Twitter to announce that the game will be pushed back until next year and that they won’t have an official date to announce until MechCon in December.
We have a snippet of the announcement and the full tweet for you below. This has to be a downer for fans who have been waiting to play the first single-player MechWarrior title in over 15 years. The good news to take from this is that it isn’t canceled or held up for any legal reasons, meaning they’re most likely putting more work into the game to make it worth your money.
“As everyone knows, this is the first single-player experience MechWarrior title released since 2002 and we are well aware of the responsibility and great opportunity we have in re-introducing MechWarrior to the world. At this time we’re only prepared to announce a slip into 2019 and would like to give ourselves until MechCon this December 1 in Vancouver to determine and announce the specific launch date in 2019 so that we can be as accurate with our estimations as possible and avoid further delays. Although undoubtedly many MechWarrior fans will initially be disappointed by the longer wait, we also feel confident and assured that we will get 100 percent support from MechWarrior fans to release the best product possible.”
Important message regarding MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries pic.twitter.com/HKlTSu1EWz
— Russ Bullock (@russ_bullock) June 18, 2018
- Harmony Gold's Copyright Case Against Harebrained Schemes is Dismissed
- Battletech Gets an Official Release Date for Late April
- Piranha Games Drops a New Trailer for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries
- BattleTech Gets a Brand-New Trailer Showing off Gameplay
- Almost Every Era You Could Want: We Review Gundam Versus
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries On The Way For December 2018
- The Controls for Super Mario Party Controls Are Apparently Wonky and Limited - September 23, 2018
- Puyo Puyo Esports Possibly Getting Released in North America - September 23, 2018
- Details Emerge of the Bonus Content Coming With Jump Force Special Editions - September 23, 2018
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Will Get New Battle Music in October - September 23, 2018
- Dead or Alive Festival 2018 Announced During Tokyo Game Show - September 23, 2018