Jason Ritter may not have saved the world as Kevin, but he may help Dion do just that. Deadline is reporting that Ritter has signed on to the new Netflix superhero drama Raising Dion.
The series is based on the short film of the same name by Dennis Liu that tells of Nicole Reese, an African-American single mom trying to raise her son Dion who suddenly gains magical superhero powers after the death of her husband Mark (Michael B. Jordan). Now she has to try to keep his powers a secret and keep him safe from those who want to exploit or examine him all the while figuring out the extent and origin of Dion’s abilities.
Ritter is set to play Pat, Mark’s best friend and co-worker, a smart, successful, and comic-book-loving scientist. After Mark’s death, Pat tries to step up and be their for Nicole and her son… and he shares a special bond with Dion. (That doesn’t sound ominous at all.)
Before starring in the one-season-and-cancelled Kevin (Probably) Saves the World, Ritter also appeared on Another Period, The Long Road Home and the HBO film The Tale. He made his television debut in the opening credits for Three’s Company, which starred his father John Ritter. He appeared as the little boy standing next to Janet (Joyce DeWitt) in the Zoo in the credits for season 6-8.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018