If you were hoping to get a copy of Resident Evil 2 on the Nintendo Switch when the remaster comes out, sorry, you’re out of luck. The news comes to us from Gaming Bolt, who spoke with Capcom brand manager Mike Lunn at E3 this year about whether or not we’d see the game come to the console, to which he simply replied “No, not at this time. We just wanted to focus on PS4, Xbox One, and PC at the moment.” The also broached the topic of whether or not they thought about doing a first-person version of the remaster.
Lunn says that, “I bet it was tossed around at some point in time, because it’s built on the same engine as RE7 engine. It’s built from the ground up, but I don’t think it was ever top running.” He then noted that, “We have toyed with things like the over the shoulder camera, old school corner camera, but again they went with over the shoulder because it felt right for this product.”
It kinda sucks for Nintendo Switch owners that they won’t be seeing Resident Evil 2 on the system, but at the very least he did say “at this time”, meaning it could happen down the road.
- Capcom Reps Say Resident Evil 2 Isn't Just a Remake
- Shikhondo: Soul Eater Gets a New Gameplay Trailer for PS4
- Playing Resident Evil 2 Remastered at E3 Creeped Us Out Hardcore
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Reveal Trailer and Release Date from Sony E3 2018
- Resident Evil 7 is Coming to Nintendo Switch By Way of the Cloud
- Resident Evil 7 Looks Much Better on Xbox One X as of Today
- Resident Evil's Leon Kennedy Coming from Kotobukiya
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap - July 17, 2018
- GIPHY Has Now Been Added to Twitch’s Extensions Lineup for Streamers - July 17, 2018
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear - July 17, 2018
- Blizzard Announces a Date for Wrecking Ball to Join Overwatch - July 17, 2018
- Friday the 13th: The Game is Getting a Collector’s Edition - July 17, 2018