It appears Twitch has enjoyed your feedback on their use of extensions and are looking to give you more of them for a better experience. Starting today, channels can now use up to three extensions at once over their video, as well as an additional three interactive ones below the player for a grand total of six at once, if the stream so desires. Below is a quick quote from the company on the additions.
“Ever since we launched Extensions and our community saw how much it enhances the viewer experience, the most requested update has been the ability to use several of them at once,” said Ryan Lubinski, Product Manager of Extensions at Twitch. “We heard them loud and clear, so now creators can combine multiple overlays and tools to bring more interactivity to their channels and videos. With so many Extensions to choose from, we also updated our discovery site to make it easier to find desired features, including recommendations from popular creators.”
Personally speaking, depending on the streamer, this can be a good thing or a horrible thing. There are streams we tune into that have so much happening on the screen that the game barely becomes the focus and it’s more about bits and subscription appreciation. But when used right, they can make your channel pop. Thankfully, as we were informed by Twitch, there is a way to minimize those extensions so you don’t have to look at them.
- Twitch Suspends Account of Destiny Streamer NDS_Talon
- Twitch Streamer Drocho16 Accused of Sexual Harassment, Admits Guilt
- Devolver Digital mocks Lootboxes and Blockchain in One Joke Ad
- Twitch Posts the Details of Their E3 Broadcast Schedule
- Today ComiXology Originals Launches Something New With Amazon and Twitch
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap - July 17, 2018
- GIPHY Has Now Been Added to Twitch’s Extensions Lineup for Streamers - July 17, 2018
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear - July 17, 2018
- Blizzard Announces a Date for Wrecking Ball to Join Overwatch - July 17, 2018
- Friday the 13th: The Game is Getting a Collector’s Edition - July 17, 2018