The Dynamite Entertainment series of James Bond comic books are all officially published with Ian Fleming Publications Ltd. and with the involvement of Barbara Broccoli. And I am informed it is quite a serious involvement too. Basically, what that means is that what appears in the comic book is considered James Bond canon.
So when Jeff Parker, Bob Q, and Simon Bowland tell the World War II stories of James Bond, set in 1941, as a 17-year-old student during the Clydebank Blitz, it can be considered part and parcel of the original Fleming novels.
And these covers are designed to match the mood of the times rather strikingly.
Ian Fleming’s James Bond Origin #1 is published in September.
- What Avengers: Endgame May Owe to Roy Thomas and Avengers #71 - December 10, 2018
- Canada’s The Comicshop to Close - December 10, 2018
- J Scott Campbell Published His Own Captain Marvel Covers - December 10, 2018
- Top 500 Comics and Graphic Novels Ordered in November 2018 - December 10, 2018
- Sarah Gordon is Going to Burn an Owl to Create Vicious Creatures Graphic Novel - December 10, 2018