Bleeding Cool has been running increased speculation that DC Comics’ big wedding between Batman and Catwoman is not going to happen. We have laid out, looking at Tom King’s run on Batman, why that may be. We have had a counter-argument that Tom King has already shown us a life of marriage between Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle in Batman Annual #2 with which we counter, exactly, he’s already told that tale, why tell it again?
But if the big Batwedding doesn’t have Bruce and Selina hitched, for all the reasons we laid out, what about Marvel’s big wedding? After all, they started promoting this long before the Batwedding, long-term on-and-off-and-dead-and-buried-inside-a-space-bullet relationship between Kitty Pryde and Piotr Rasputin, Colossus, that suddenly switched to impending marriage as a result of something new for the two to talk about, it seemed.
We’ve also looked at a new comic book series Mr & Mrs X, previously known as X-Classified, from Kelly Thompson and Oscar Bazaldua, yet to be announced but you can trust Bleeding Cool on this – and the suggestion that it was Kitty Pryde and Colossus’ new spin-off book.
But what if that too is a bait and switch, and this is going somewhere else?
I guess we find out later this week… here’s a preview of X-Men Gold #30, for the big day… in which Kitty Pryde is repeating a scene from a post-Secret Wars (the first time) in which Colossus split up from Kitty. Is that what they call foreshadowing?
X-MEN GOLD #30
(W) Marc Guggenheim (A) David Marquez (CA) Phil Noto
‘TIL DEATH DO US Part 6
• Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today for the ultimate union!
• After a lifetime of will-they-or-won’t-they, new boyfriends and ex-girlfriends, KITTY and COLOSSUS are finally walking down the aisle together…
• GUEST STARS GALORE IN THIS VERY SPECIAL MOMENT IN X-MEN HISTORY!
Rated T+In Shops: Jun 20, 2018
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018