We didn’t quite know what to expect from PDP when we walked into their room at E3 this year, but my oh my were we delightfully surprised. We were introduced to their new interactive item called MARS, which is a new arcade gun for home use. I say arcade gun because we can’t really call it a light gun. A light gun uses the light from the monitor you’re using to determine where you’re shooting and if you pegged the target or not. This system uses a camera that watches the monitor and detects the laser point on the end to see where you’re firing.
It operates like a normal gun to a degree where you fire the trigger to hit targets, reload by cocking the barrel, use special weapons by hitting the orange button on the back where the ammo would normally go, and then you have a side button on either side where you’d put your thumb for the power as well as an indicator light to determine what player you are.
I had a ton of fun trying out both of the downloadable games they had on hand for the demo, which was Voyage of the Dead and Qubit’s Quest. We also learned that it doesn’t matter what kind of TV or monitor you use — it will hook up to and work on old-school tech and the latest 4K models. The only things that PDP didn’t cover was a release date and a price. Whenever we get those, we look forward to playing this new setup in our homes immediately!
- Bigben Interactive Bring Warhammer: Chaosbane to the E3 Floor
- The Sinking City Takes Lovecraftian Pleasure to a New Level
- Astro Gaming Celebrates a Decade with the X-Edition at E3
- Nintendo Is Open to Doing a Live E3 Presentation Again
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 Beta Looks to be Aiming for the End of 2019
- Focus Home Interactive Previews Space Hulk: Tactics Before Its Fall Release
- Sea of Thieves Beat its Three Month Target Within One Day Thanks to Xbox Game Pass
- The Elder Scrolls 6 has an Internal Release Date but Bethesda Won't Tell us Yet
- Divinity: Original Sin II – Definitive Edition To Receive an HDR/4K Update - July 18, 2018
- Ubisoft Reveals Next DLC Date for South Park: The Fractured But Whole - July 18, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap - July 17, 2018
- GIPHY Has Now Been Added to Twitch’s Extensions Lineup for Streamers - July 17, 2018
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear - July 17, 2018