This weekend saw the second stage of the Call of Duty World League Pro League as well as the sixth and final major Open event for this year’s league. Taking over part of the Anaheim convention center, the over 150 CWL teams battled it out from June 15-17th for their share of the $200,000 USD prize pool.
This CWL tourney had more of an international affair thanks to the various European and Japanese teams in attendance, while Seattle was much more of a home show. However, the North American teams remained on top of the open bracket.
Rise Nation came in as the favorite team to win big at this event after their win at CWL Seattle. They took out Red Reserve in the Grand Finals pretty handily, making this tournament a bit less of an upset frenzy than Seattle though with more top international teams, the final rankings are a bit different than we saw last time.
The final standings are:
- Rise Nation : SlasheR, Loony, Gunless, TJHaLY
- Red Reserve: Skrapz, Rated, Zero, Joee
- Luminosity: Slacked, JKap, FormaL, John
- UNILAD: Wuskin, Seany, Alexx, Zed
FaZe Clan and OpTic Gaming tied for 5/6th place, with Mindfreak and Tainted Mines tying for 7/8th. Rounding out the top 12 were EUnited, Spluce, Echo Fox, and Team Kaliber. Favorites from the Seattle Tournament, Evil Geniuses and Ghost Gaming were tied for 13/16th place alongside TEam Envy and CompLexity.
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018
- What Even is Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden? Funcom is Here to Explain - October 18, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Releases a New Trailer for Thronebreaker - October 18, 2018