One of the cool Indie Cade titles at E3 that caught our eye roaming through the area was this arcade setup for Desert Child by Akupara Games. This game is straight-up inspired by anime shows like Cowboy Bebop, Akira, and Redline, where you basically deliver pizzas and race your bike in a world with aliens and bounty hunting. I had a lot of fun trying out the speeder bikes for a moment as the race reminded me a lot of Battletoads from the NES days, only without the random wall to crash into.
Desert Child was honestly a cool little treat to find as it’s a retro title that doesn’t take itself seriously and, if anything, feels like the kind of game someone who grew up wanting to make video games and anime cartoons would want to make. The only tedious part we saw was finding parts to make your bike better, so there’s basically a crafting mechanic in terms of making a better racer so you can speed down the road faster. The game is set to be released sometime this year on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One. We’ll keep our ears to the ground because this is one that can’t get away.
- Arcade1Up Makes Us Want to Open an Arcade in Our Home
- Good Vibrations and More as We Test Out Woojer's Ryg Harness
- Looking Over ROCCAT's Latest Keyboard at E3
- Checking Out Fractured Lands by Unbroken Studios in the Indie Cade
- Nintendo and GameTruck Launch a New Campaign at Select Wal-Mart Stores
- A New Retro Gaming Solution Shown Off at E3 with Polymega
- Bigben Interactive Bring Warhammer: Chaosbane to the E3 Floor
- The Sinking City Takes Lovecraftian Pleasure to a New Level
- Razer Shows a Few New Awesome Items Coming in 2018 at E3
- Ubisoft Reveals Next DLC Date for South Park: The Fractured But Whole - July 18, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Adds a Smoking Jacket and New Content Roadmap - July 17, 2018
- GIPHY Has Now Been Added to Twitch’s Extensions Lineup for Streamers - July 17, 2018
- Fortnite Receives an Update with a Few New Bits of Gear - July 17, 2018
- Blizzard Announces a Date for Wrecking Ball to Join Overwatch - July 17, 2018