Way earlier this morning, Warner Bros. DCEU Wonder Woman star Gal Gadot tweeted out an image showing her character, Princess of Themyscira, with the hashtag #WW84.
It was revealed last week that the sequel to the Wonder Woman feature film would be taking place in the 1980s, specifically 1984, explaining why the sudden rush on DC trademarking all things “WW84”.
The photo that Gadot shared shows Diana, full glam, looking over her shoulder with that intense “ready to jump into action” stance we’ve come to know and love from her portrayal of the Amazonian.
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) June 16, 2018
“She’s back,” the caption reads.
This image comes after last week’s reveal of two additional images (as well as confirmation of the time period), which also revealed a surprise character is returning apparently. In what context, we’re not sure yet.
— Gal Gadot (@GalGadot) June 13, 2018
— Patty Jenkins (@PattyJenks) June 13, 2018
Yup, that’s Steve Trevor (as played by Chris Pine), Wonder Woman’s love who sacrificed his life in the first film. Pretty surprising to see him alive and in the ’80s.
The first lady of the JLA is set to return in a sequel directed by Patty Jenkins, who helmed the first entry in the franchise to wide success and critical accolades.
Wonder Woman 2 is set to hit theaters on November 1st, 2019.
- First Trailer for Chris Pine, Tony Curran Netflix Film 'Outlaw King'
- Patty Jenkins Shares First Look at Pedro Pascal in 'Wonder Woman 1984'
- Wonder Woman Indeed - Gal Gadot Visits Children's Hospital in Costume
- Check Out the New International Aquaman “Fish Boy” Trailer - October 16, 2018
- Jonah Hill Interviews His Favorite Actress, Edie Falco - October 16, 2018
- 5 Images from BBC One’s ‘Les Misèrables’ Adaptation - October 16, 2018
- 2019’s ‘The Simpsons’ Treehouse of Horror XXX will be Episode 666 - October 16, 2018
- Eminem Performs Title ‘Venom’ Track at Empire State Building - October 16, 2018