When DC’s Black Label was officially announced (a month or so after Bleeding Cool had done the honours), the Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello, and John Romita, Jr series Superman: Year One was intended to be published in August. Solicitations came and went, with no sign. And with September’s listings looming, DC Comics has revised its schedules.
Now it has been rescheduled to November, and bi-monthly, for three issues.
Here’s the full lineup of the serialised stories.
- BATMAN: DAMNED #1 – September 19, 2018 (bimonthly, three issues)
- SUPERMAN: YEAR ONE #1 – November, 2018 (bimonthly, three issues)
- THE OTHER HISTORY OF THE DC UNIVERSE #1 – December, 2018 (seven issues)
And just as the likes of Watchmen and V for Vendetta were re-branded Vertigo, or Batman: Gotham By Gaslight was rebranded Elseworlds, so a bunch of books are getting the Black Label label, beginning with the collection of Sean Murphy’s Batman: White Knight.
Batman: White Knight will be DC’s 1st BLACK LABEL imprint. Which means–wait for it–first NUDE Joker/Harley love scene!!! https://t.co/iI7HTZcVaU
— Sean Gordon Murphy (@Sean_G_Murphy) June 12, 2018
Keep it tasteful, Sean.
Other books to be black labelled include:
- Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely’s ALL-STAR SUPERMAN
- Darwyn Cooke’s DC: THE NEW FRONTIER
- Mark Waid and Alex Ross’ KINGDOM COME
- Frank Miller and David Mazzucchelli’s BATMAN: YEAR ONE
- Frank Miller, Brian Azzarello, Andy Kubert, Klaus Janson’s BATMAN: DARK KNIGHT III: MASTER RACE
- Free Nancy Drew #1 and Project Superpowers #1 To Launch Dynamite Groupees Bundles - December 16, 2018
- Frank Cho is Starting a Brand New Creator-Owned Comic - December 16, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 16th December 2018 – Happy Birthday, Tom Spurgeon - December 16, 2018
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018