When we saw the trailer for Jump Force go across the screen during the Xbox press conference, we thought “Surely that game is not at E3.” Turns out that yes, it was, and that Bandai Namco wanted you to try it out. We couldn’t believe our eyes when we saw no one standing in line for it with the press access area, so we immediately jumped on the game first and got cracking. The demo we got to try out had only five available characters to choose from. Those five being Naruto Uzumaki, Goku, Monkey D. Luffy, Frieza, Zoro, and Sasuke. So much like Dragon Ball FighterZ the year before, they gave you enough characters to build two teams of original fighters to see what everyone did.
If you’re a fan of the battles in Dragon Ball Xenoverse, you might actually enjoy this a lot as you’re getting 3D open-space combat that can go in several directions, but the camera will also make an effort to put the fighting back on a 2D plane and reset your POV. However, unlike DBX, the fighting style is much cleaner and fluid with little breaks to a need to find your opponent. You’ll also find yourself going for more 2-on-1 combos while you switch partners as this has some insane moves you can pull off. We didn’t get much info on Jump Force beyond the 2019 date. We’re looking forward to seeing what else they do with this game.
- Bandai Namco Finally Give Us a Jump Force Action Trailer
- Bandai Namco Shows New Images of Ichigo from Bleach in Jump Force
- Ichigo from Bleach Joins the Roster for Jump Force
- Jump Force's Producer Gets More Into the Death Note Characters
- Kenny Omega Reigns Victorious Over Austin Creed... in Street Fighter V
- Get Ready for Incredibles 2 with T-Shirts and More from Hot Topic
- Getting a Peek at Generation Zero in the Microsoft Theater at E3
- Rick and Morty's Justin Roiland Promises No More Years-Long Gaps Between Seasons
- There's Never a Break in Overkill's The Walking Dead
- Black Ops 4’s 1.10 Update Makes Major Changes to Blackout - December 18, 2018
- Fallout 76 Fans Are Calling Out Bethesta on Microtransaction Pricing - December 18, 2018
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Shows Off New Character “V” in Latest Trailer - December 18, 2018