As BOOM! Studios’ BOOM! Box Jam week comes to a close, the publisher has sent out a first look preview at one more of its upcoming young adult comics: Giant Days #40. hitting stores on July 4th, Giant Days #40 is the latest issue of the 2018 Eisner Award-nominated series from writer John Allison and returning series artist Max Sarin. A press release provides the deets:
Ed Gemmel returns to Sheffield after a summer spent healing bones and also his heart. Esther does her best to welcome him back, but neither of them have forgotten his drunken confession… or how he then proceeded to break his ankles. I mean, how much worse could it get, right? …Right?
And BOOM! editor Shannon Watters wraps up a marathon week of coming up with quotes for press releases by saying:
If you’re a Giant Days fan, you’ll want to pick up this issue. The series hits the #40 milestone with a big issue, featuring the repair of broken hearts…and broken bones. 2018 is shaping up to be the biggest year in this series’ history, from the recent Eisner Award nomination, to the debut of a Giant Days middle grade novel from Abrams.
Check out the preview below:
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018