Peter Outerbridge (The Expanse) has been cast as a series regular in the upcoming Netflix vampire drama V-Wars. The series, based on the Jonathan Maberry bestselling book, also stars Ian Somerhalder (The Vampire Diaries) and Adrian Holmes (Arrow). Outerbridge will play Calix Niklos, who is described as a elegant, malicious science expert and part of the Homeland Security Team, Deadline reports.
Mayberry’s book, published in 2012 by IDW Publishing, was as a collection of short stories telling of the first Vampire War. V-Wars the series will focus on Dr. Luther Swann (Somerhalder), who enters a world of untold horror when a mysterious disease transforms his best friend, Michael Fayne (Holmes), into a murderous predator who feeds on other humans. As the disease spreads and more people are transformed, society fractures into opposing camps pitting normal people against the growing number of these “vampires.” Swann races against time to understand what’s happening, while Fayne rises to become the powerful underground leader of the vampires.
Brad Turner (Stargate Atlantis) is direct the pilot while William Laurin and Glenn Davis (Aftermath) will be the showrunners.
Outerbridge has appeared on Zoo, Designated Survivor, The Expanse, and Taken. He is also set to appear in Code 8, the Canadian sci-fi film that stars Stephen Amell and Robbie Amell.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018