One of the more interesting titles that has been getting a buzz since we saw footage of it is Team Sonic Racing, which Sega showed off this week at E3.
The game basically takes a number of characters from the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise and pits them against each other in a race to the finish line. Along the way, you’ll pick up items to use on your cars and opponents, get boosts from spots on the track, and race your way to victory. If this sounds all too familiar and feels like Sega’s version of Mario Kart… Yeah, it’s pretty much that. Right down to running into blocks that have “?” symbols on them But there are some differences.
First off, you race in teams of three, so it’s you and two CPU/players having you get the victory. Second, you can pass items you collect onto people so they can use them. So let’s say I’m in first, and my buddy is in third. I can pass a weapon to them I picked up to take out the guy in second place. Third, there’s an ultra-boost kind of system where after your meter builds up, you can hit the switch and everyone on your team goes into sonic speed. There are some other differences, but ultimately it will be up to players to decide if it’s a clone or an original.
Team Sonic Racing will be released later this winter.
- Shining Resonance Refrain Receives a New Story Trailer
- We Get a Crack at SoulCalibur VI, But Spend Most of it Schooling People
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is Coming to the Switch This Year
- Fortnite is Available for the Nintendo Switch Right Now
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - the Golden Country and Release Date Unveiled at Nintendo E3 2018
- Nintendo Reveals a New Octopath Traveler Character Trailer
- Fire Emblem Three Houses Revealed by Nintendo E3 2018 Conference
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018
- The Enclave Faction Returns in Fallout 76 - October 22, 2018
- Jade Raymond, Founder of EA Motive, Has Left the Company - October 22, 2018
- Intellivision Releases a New Trailer for the Amico Console - October 22, 2018