There hasn’t been much character crossover when it comes to the first three Jurassic Park movies and the latter two Jurassic World movies. Before Jeff Goldblum was set to return in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom there Dr. Henry Wu, played by DB Wong Dr. Wu made his first appearance in Jurassic Park, returned in Jurassic World, and is coming back again in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. He seems like he’s not entirely on the right side of the fight though and The Hollywood Reporter asked Wong if he thought Dr. Wu was a villain.
I think it’s kind of reductive or simplistic to call him a villain, but I think he definitely does make some choices that are extremely controversial. I do think he’s motivated by his love for science and his own ego, which is well supported by his massive achievements. He’s really kind of a genius and he really is responsible for this alleged technology creating these creatures.
It’s not so much that Dr. Wu is a villain as he can’t see beyond his own ego and he lacks empathy.
I think he turns a blind eye to the human suffering that comes as a result because he thinks he’s looking at some bigger picture. I think that’s his Achilles heel and it will remain to be seen if he can overcome that. He’s painted into quite a corner in Fallen Kingdom — it will be interesting to see how people react to that.
A smart can without any empathy can do a lot of damage and it sounds like Dr. Wu is still causing trouble in this next movie. However, it’s good to have a villain that isn’t really a villain as someone who just lacks a mortal compass. He’s isn’t mustache twirling villain but without empathy or a sense of responsibility Dr. Wu could be the most dangerous guy running around the world of Jurassic World.
Summary: When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, directed by J.A. Bayona, stars Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Toby Jones, James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Rafe Spall, B.D. Wong, and Justice Smith. It will be released on June 22nd.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- Bryce Dallas Howard Says the Last Act Gets "Very Scary"
- Nerd Food: Jurassic World Chocolate Dinosaur from Jelly Belly, Just in Time for National Candy Month!
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Opens to a $146M Overseas Box Office
- Mr. Hammond's 'Jurassic Park' Amber-Tipped Cane Sold for $32K
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 3 Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes and an Oculus VR Trailer
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - 2 New Posters and a Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- Jurassic World Evolution Covers Working with the Dinosaurs in Latest Video
- Director J.A. Bayona and Composer Michael Giacchino Talk the Score for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - June 16, 2018
- Benicio del Toro Wants to Return as the Collector and Work with the Grandmaster - June 16, 2018
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado Talks Bringing Emily Blunt Back for a 3rd Movie - June 16, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Star Michelle Pfeiffer Was “Pleasantly Surprised” by the First Movie - June 16, 2018
- Incredibles 2 is a Force to be Reckoned with as it Brings in $71.6M on Friday - June 16, 2018