Adding to their impressive Nindies library, Nintendo snagged Killer Queen Black and showed it off on the main floor at E3 this year. The game actually got its start as a 5-v-5 arcade game called just Killer Queen that we’ve had the pleasure of playing a few nights with some liquor in our veins at bar arcades. We were quite pleased with the gameplay and style that harkened back to such classic games like Joust, but gave people a multiplayer experience. This new version plays like the original but with some choice flavoring for it to become a Switch title.
First, it’s been shrunk to 4-v-4. Second, the animations and the graphics have been given a little bit of an overhaul to take it out of being a complete arcade title and more of a war-type game. Think Super Smash Bros., but with objectives and two opposing sides. Your goal is to win one of three ways, either by defeating your enemies in battle, racking up resources, or through perseverance on the economic side. You have a couple different worker bees to choose from that can become greater at their jobs while one of you becomes the Queen Bee and can kill most violently. I absolutely loved this version of Killer Queen Black and can’t wait to play it. Sadly, we have to wait until the first quarter of 2019 to get it on Switch and Steam as well.
- Paranautical Activity Comes to Nintendo Switch Next Week
- Online Play Confirmed for Super Mario Party at E3
- We Get a Crack at SoulCalibur VI, But Spend Most of it Schooling People
- Dragon Ball FighterZ is Coming to the Switch This Year
- Fortnite is Available for the Nintendo Switch Right Now
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna - the Golden Country and Release Date Unveiled at Nintendo E3 2018
- Nintendo Reveals a New Octopath Traveler Character Trailer
- Fire Emblem Three Houses Revealed by Nintendo E3 2018 Conference
- Dontnod Entertainment Reveals Life Is Strange 2 Teaser Trailer - June 22, 2018
- Review – The Legend Of Zelda: Encyclopedia by Dark Horse Comics - June 22, 2018
- Interview: Dan Abnett Talks About His Work on Dungeon Hunter Champions - June 22, 2018
- Friday The 13th: The Game Devs Confirm An End to Content - June 22, 2018
- Review: Echogear Monitor Stand for Gaming — Single Screen - June 22, 2018