CNN announced this morning that they will air the final two completed episodes of Anthony Bourdain‘s Parts Unknown as planned. The episodes will cover trips to Cajun Mardi Gras and Bhutan.
Fans of the outspoken author and chef are still reeling from the news that Bourdain, while filming an episode along with longtime friend Eric Ripert in Paris, had taken his own life. We won’t get into the details, but they’re out there if you really want to know.
In a newsletter today, reporter Brian Stelter commented that:
“A CNN spokeswoman says the final two episodes of the season will also air as scheduled, this Sunday and next Sunday at 9 p.m. ET. The ‘Remembering Anthony Bourdain’ tribute will re-air this Sunday at 8.”
As this time CNN has no plans to air any of the uncompleted Paris episode, and I’m incredibly torn on this decision.
There might be footage within the edit bay that could possibly point towards his decision, and I’m not sure I want to see that. But it’s the last new creative thing we’ll ever get from Bourdain, and that is a reality I’m still having trouble accepting.
CNN will also be re-airing their Bourdain tribute programming this Sunday.
Netflix did announce that they will not be removing Parts Unknown from their online library on the 16th as previously planned, but will continue to offer the series indefinitely.
Fans can also find Anthony Bourdain’s previous series A Cook’s Tour and No Reservations on various streaming services if they are so inclined.
- CNN Planning Feature-Length Documentary About Anthony Bourdain
- CNN Says A Final, FINAL Season of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown' is Coming
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol. 3
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol. 2
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol 1
- Netflix Extends Deal for 'Parts Unknown' After Anthony Bourdain's Tragic Death
- Bono Dedicated a U2 Song to Anthony Bourdain During Apollo Show
- Asia Argento, Eric Ripert React to Anthony Bourdain's Passing
- CNN to Remember Anthony Bourdain with Weekend Programming
- Anthony Bourdain, Celebrity Chef Turned Comic Creator, Has Died Aged 61
- The One Place Anthony Bourdain Can't Go, Because of Insurance
- Anthony Bourdain Sits Down To Dinner With Francis Ford Coppola
- ‘Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark’ Coming to Theaters Summer of 2019 - December 14, 2018
- Nightcrawler Looks [badly] Photoshopped in New ‘Dark Phoenix’ Image - December 14, 2018
- Kit Harington’s [Not So Great] Targaryen Skills: Meeting Toothless - December 14, 2018
- Ryan Coogler Talks ‘Black Panther’ Creative Production Team - December 14, 2018
- Pedro Pascal Shares Dave Filoni-drawn ‘The Mandalorian’ Sketch - December 14, 2018