When going over the list of games for NIS America at E3, we got an unexpected surprise as they had a demo of Metal Max Xeno available. Honestly, we weren’t expecting to see the game until maybe PAX West at the earliest, but here it was, a working demo for us to play around with. We weren’t given much as the demo clearly has bits and pieces of the story compiled together and you’re thrown into the mix pretty quickly. But we got enough to where we were able to tell people who we were, get our red tank (which I named Sally) and fine a commune of humans to stay with and eventually befriend.
While the game itself was fun to try out, the real fun we had while playing was making our own voices up for the dialog, as there’s currently no voice cast assigned to what you’re reading on screen. It was an interesting game to try out and get a feel for as you’re going from piece to piece of the story, but there wasn’t enough here to really form a great opinion on. Aside from the fact that we enjoyed killing a killer robot with a tank blast, that was awesome. Metal Max Xeno is set for release in North America and Europe sometime in the third quarter of 2018.
- Mondo Celebrates E3 with Mega Man, Fallout Posters, Last of Us Part 2 Vinyl
- Insurgency: Sandstorm Releases an E3 Gameplay Trailer
- Hollow Knight Hits Nintendo Switch Today, from Nintendo E3 2018 Presentation
- SNK Heroines' Luong and Mian Got a Switch E3 Trailer
- Killer Queen Black Reveal Causes Buzz at Nintendo E3 2018 Presentation
- Dealing With Aliens in Everyday Life With Desert Child at E3 - June 18, 2018
- A New Retro Gaming Solution Shown Off at E3 with Polymega - June 18, 2018
- Cygames Gives Us a Preview of Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link at E3 - June 18, 2018
- Bigben Interactive Bring Warhammer: Chaosbane to the E3 Floor - June 18, 2018
- The Sinking City Takes Lovecraftian Pleasure to a New Level - June 18, 2018