A good portion of the world has already seen Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom but those of us in the states are stuck waiting another week before we get the chance to see this production. The Hollywood Reporter got the chance to speak to Bryce Dallas Howard and she talked about how much different this movie is from the first one especially the last act.
“This is a very different film than the last, there’s a real sense of horror during the last act,” Howard said. “I don’t know how kids will react, because it does get very scary. I love that J.A. was able to take it in a new direction and keep it fresh.”
Any kid who saw Jurassic Park already have raptor nightmares so this isn’t that surprising. While the second movie hasn’t come out worldwide yet Universal has already greenlit a third movie and Howard has talked to director Colin Trevorrow and writer Emily Carmichael about where her character is going.
“You have to balance your vision for your character with the countless hours that they’ve spent mapping out the story,” Howard said. “It doesn’t all take place during the script stage. For this film, Chris and I were working out ideas on set as we shot.”
So spoiler alert I guess Claire doesn’t die in this one so there’s that. Chris Pratt talked about finding the emotional bond between Owen and Blue and how much he enjoyed this film taking that to the next level.
“We’re looking at a relationship that has been going on since Blue came out of her egg. We see Owen’s early training videos and it really drives home their bond,” Pratt said during the film’s after-party. “This is a parent and a child who have gone through a lot.”
The spoilers are out there if you’re looking for them but if you’re trying to stay spoiler free it might be best to stay out of this corner of social media for now. The trailers already gave away a lot as it is.
Summary: When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen and Claire mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event.
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, directed by J.A. Bayona, stars Jeff Goldblum, Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Toby Jones, James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Geraldine Chaplin, Rafe Spall, B.D. Wong, and Justice Smith. It will be released on June 22nd.
- BD Wong Thinks it's Reductive to call his 'Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom' Character a Villain
- Director J.A. Bayona and Composer Michael Giacchino Talk the Score for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - June 16, 2018
- Benicio del Toro Wants to Return as the Collector and Work with the Grandmaster - June 16, 2018
- Sicario: Day of the Soldado Talks Bringing Emily Blunt Back for a 3rd Movie - June 16, 2018
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Star Michelle Pfeiffer Was “Pleasantly Surprised” by the First Movie - June 16, 2018
- Incredibles 2 is a Force to be Reckoned with as it Brings in $71.6M on Friday - June 16, 2018