In the upcoming Lumberjanes comic Lumberjanes: A Midsummer Night’s Scheme #1, the Lumberjanes will tackle something many comic book professionals struggle with: organization and a deadline. The comic by Nicole Andelfinger, Maddi Gonzalez, and Brittney Williams is set to hit stores in August, but BOOM! is giving readers a sneak peak as part of their BOOM! Box Jam, a week-long promotion of the publisher’s upcoming YA comics.
A press release provides further details:
Arriving in stores August 2018, The Midsummer Masquerade is here and it’s not exactly a dream. With the Masquerade just around the corner, the Lumberjanes take charge in planning the festivities. But someone is sabotaging the preparations, and with the camp in disarray, the rest of the Lumberjanes scramble to save the day. And of course now all the decorations are starting to disappear. Also features a back up story written and illustrated by Brittney Williams (Patsy Walker: Hellcat)
LUMBERJANES: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S SCHEME #1 features a main cover by Natacha Bustos (Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur) and a variant cover by Brittney Williams.
And BOOM! Senior Editor Dafna Pleban says:
Nicole [Andelfinger] and Maddi [Gonzalez] introduce the Lumberjanes to their biggest challenge yet: organization and a deadline! I always love it when the Lumberjanes have an excuse to dressed up, the Masquerade is the perfect excuse. I can’t wait for fans to pick up this issue!
Well jeeze, you could have released it sooner then. Look for Lumberjanes: A Midsummer Night’s Scheme #1 in stores on August 8th, and check out the preview below:
- Here’s How Retailers Can Get Doug Braithwaite’s Glass Variant Cover for Bloodshot Rising Spirit #1 - August 20, 2018
- Secret Origins of Riverdale Werewolves Revealed in Archie Previews for 8/22 - August 20, 2018
- The Empty Man: Comic Adapted for Film Comes Back to Comics - August 20, 2018
- Todd Nauck Revisits Iconic Image for Return of Wolverine #1 Variant - August 20, 2018
- WWE’s Nia Jax and Luke Gallows, Sitting in a Tree, D-A-T-I-N-G? - August 20, 2018