Another week another issue of Man Of Steel. And with retailers upping their Advance Reorders to catch up with subsequent issues, could we have an Ultimate Spider-Man situation all over again? Could be.
And while the comic sees Rogol-Zaar bursting through Superman’s world, Brian Bendis is taking the opportunity to bring back aspects of Superman’s past that were abandoned for the New 52 reboot in 2011. And destroying them all over again.
Man Of Steel #3 sees the return of the Bottle City of Kandor, the miniaturised Kryptonian city that hasn’t been seen for some time. A version of this saw a bottle city of Metropolis in the New 52 Superman reboot from Grant Morrison……and in the future on Dark Knight III: Master Race.
But in the present New 52/DC Rebirth? Sadly lacking. Until Man Of Steel #3…
And we know how Rogol-Zaar feels about Kryptonians…
I mean in some ways it’s Bendis getting to grips with the spirit of DC Rebirth. But in another?
BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM
How are they going to get them all back in the bottle in time for Dark Knight III? It might explain why they are so pissed off in that series though… they really have that Kandor attitude, don’t they?
MAN OF STEEL #3
(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) Ryan Sook (CA) Ivan Reis, Joe Prado
The merciless killer and zealot calling himself Rogol Zaar has searched the cosmos for Superman-and when he reaches the Fortress of Solitude, his actions will cut Superman to the core.
In Shops: Jun 13, 2018
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018