Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which was just released at the end of last year, is receiving a comprehensive expansion in Torna: the Golden Country, which Nintendo revealed at their E3 2018 presentation.
The story takes the player to the titular Torna in an attempt to stop the villain Malos from destroying the Aegis. I’ve yet to play a Xenoblade game, so I wouldn’t be able to discern what any of that means or who any of these characters are. Xenoblade has a bunch of monsters in it, so I should probably try it out at some point. I dig games with a loads of giant monsters.
A lot of story and dialogue is focused upon in this trailer, which is a pretty cool change of pace from many E3 reveals. Gameplay is a focus too, showing off Xenoblade’s JRPG combat and playstyle.
Torna: The Golden Country is coming out September 14th to the Nintendo Switch, so lovers of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 won’t have to wait very long to experience this story expansion.
Malos seems like a fun villain. I dig the cockiness and the swagger in his voice. The voice acting sounds pretty sweet on this character. He’s got that traditional anime villain deep and booming tone.
The trailer is available below courtesy of Nintendo UK’s YouTube channel.
- Getting a Peek at Generation Zero in the Microsoft Theater at E3
- There's Never a Break in Overkill's The Walking Dead
- Fighting with Each Other on Dead or Alive 6 at E3
- Racing in New Cars and Characters with Team Sonic Racing
- From Arcade to Console: We Tried Killer Queen Black at E3
- Animosity: Evolution #6 Review – Ghost in the Animals in the Machine - June 17, 2018
- Comics for Your Pull Box, Week of June 20th, 2018: The Wedding is Here and We’re Getting Shanghai’d (Red) - June 17, 2018
- Top and Bottom 5 Comics for June 13th, 2018: Hawkman Lives - June 17, 2018
- First Impressions: Aces Weekly is What this Industry Needs [Vol. 34, Week 1 Review] - June 17, 2018
- First Impressions: Port of Earth Intrigues Despite Empty Action [Port of Earth #6 Review] - June 17, 2018