Warren Ellis and Jason Howard, whose comic trees is currently achieving the comic book dream of being adapted to a television show, are reteaming for a new series at Image in September called Cemetery Beach, with a premise as Warren Ellis-y as a fan could hope for:
In CEMETERY BEACH, a professional pathfinder, his only ally a disaffected young murderess, breaks out of a torture cell in pursuit of his worst extraction scenario ever: escaping on foot across a sprawling and secret off-world colony established a hundred years ago and filled with generations of lunatics.
In a press release from Image, Ellis said:
Jason wanted to do an action book, so I wrote something that starts with a conversation in an interrogation room, ignites four pages later, and doesn’t stop until the end of the final issue—which he’s drawing right now, so when issue #1 comes out, the whole series will be in the can. It might be the most relentless action book I’ve ever written.”
While Howard added:
In Cemetery Beach, Warren wrote the perfect book for me as an artist. It’s an insane world filled with old future tech, cool characters, big explosions, and enough heart to make you care. It’s the kind of comics I love reading and REALLY love drawing.
Look for Cemetery Beach #1 it in stores on September 12th, with a final order cutoff of August 20th.
- J. Jonah Jameson, This is Your Life! Next Week’s Amazing Spider-Man #12 - December 16, 2018
- Clone Drone Problems in Next Week’s Life of Captain Marvel #3 - December 16, 2018
- Where’s the Other Side of the Climate Change Debate in Next Week’s Defenders: The Best Defense? - December 16, 2018
- Experience Baba Von Doom’s Thrice-Baked Potatoes in Next Week’s Runaways #16 - December 16, 2018
- Morgan Le Fay Shows a Clear Lack of Gratitude in Weapon H #11 - December 16, 2018