As Preacher nears its third season premiere later this month, AMC wants to remind viewers that when we last left Jesse (Dominic Cooper) and Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) they were driving down the road to “Angelville” with a still very dead Tulip (Ruth Negga) in tow. Which means things must have gotten pretty desperate and all sorts of “last resort” for Jesse to be pleading with his evil Gran’ma Marie L’Angell (Betty Buckley) to bring Tulip back to life – struck down by Featherstone’s (Julie Ann Emery) at the end of the second season.
But as we can see from this sneak preview of the upcoming season, such favors don’t without a price – a price Jesse seems very much ready to pay:
Jesse Custer’s quest for God takes him back to the place he’s been avoiding his whole life: home. Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy return to Angelville, the Louisiana Plantation where Jesse was raised, and find old grudges and deadly obligations await them. With the help of his friends — and a few enemies — Jesse will need to escape his past because the future of the world depends on it.
Returning with Cooper, Negga and Gilgun for the third season are Ian Coletti, Graham McTavish, Pip Torrens, Julie Ann Emery, and Malcolm Barrett; while Buckley joins a cast that will also include:
● Colin Cunningham (Falling Skies) as TC, a man born of the bayou and the loyal caretaker and soldier for Gran’ma.
● Jeremy Childs (Nashville) as Jody, Gran’ma’s enforcer and the only man Jesse’s never beaten in a fight.
● Liz McGeever (Star) as Christina, who has a face that lures customers in for her family business; but hates her job and dreams of a new life while suffering to protect her child.
● Jonny Coyne (Turn) as Allfather D’Aronique, a physically large, overweight, and revolting slob who might just be the most powerful man in the world.
● Adam Croasdell (Supernatural) as Eccarius is, a 350-year-old vampire who bears wisdom and has an air of aristocracy; who appears as a cliche at first, but is a much darker figure beneath the surface.
● Prema Cruz (Mozart in the Jungle) as Madame Boyd, a tough forward thinker: educated and attractive, she intends to take the family business into the modern age by any means necessary.
Set to premiere on Sunday, June 24, AMC’s Preacher is co-produced by Sony Pictures Television and AMC Studios; and was developed for series television by Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg and showrunner Sam Catlin (Breaking Bad). The series is executive produced by Catlin; Rogen, Goldberg and James Weaver for Point Grey Pictures; Neal H. Moritz and Ori Marmur for Original Film; and Vivian Cannon, Jason Netter, Michael Slovis, Mark McNair and Ken F. Levin.
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018