Killer Queen, the arcade-style strategy game where you and other players slay each other’s queen bees, is receiving a console release on the Nintendo Switch. This was revealed at Nintendo’s E3 2018 press conference.
The new game will be called Killer Queen Black and will be coming to the Nintendo Switch this winter according to the one-minute trailer.
The game focuses around killing the otherteam’s hive queen as their hordes of anthropomorphized bee warriors brutally battle it out in the pixel graphic landscape.
The trailer has a thrashing guitar riff playing behind the scenes of each player’s bee warriors vying for dominance. The game touts supporting 10-player battles, which is pretty cool, though it may admittedly seem unimpressive in the days of 80-player games of Battlefield and the like. I know that makes me sound like an old curmudgeon, but the 80-player games are an impressive feat.
The cartoonish graphics allow for some surprisingly gruesome scenes despite the game receiving an E10 rating.
The trailer for Killer Queen Black is available to watch below, courtesy of Nintendo’s main YouTube channel. The trailer is short, but it shows off a lot of gameplay in its 45-seconds. As previously stated, the trailer gives a winter release date, though it doesn’t go any more specific than that.
- Red Bull Launches First L.A. Killer Queen Tournament Called Hive Hustle
- More Mayhem in the Kitchen as We Try Out Overcooked 2
- An Unexpected Surprise As We Try Out Metal Max Xeno with NIS America
- Lab Zero Games and 505 Games Show Us More of Indivisible
- 505 Games Throws Us Down The Deep Dungeon of Underworld Ascendant
- Weapon X #22 Review: The Beginning of Weapon X-Force - August 18, 2018
- Batwoman #18 Review: A Photo Finish to a Beautiful Comic Series - August 18, 2018
- New Challengers #4 Review: Fighting the Dinosaur-Riding Undead - August 17, 2018
- Green Lanterns #53 Review: The Voice in the Ring Revealed - August 17, 2018
- Doctor Strange #4 Review: A Good Story Needlessly Complicated - August 17, 2018