Hollow Knight, the action-RPG Soulslike by Team Cherry, is receiving a Nintendo Switch, hitting the console today. This was revealed at the Nintendo E3 2018 press conference with a trailer showing off the gameplay for the audience.
On top of that, the various DLC expansions for Hollow Knight will be available to Switch players for free, including a new one coming soon called Gods and Glory.
I’ve yet to play Hollow Knight myself, but this trailer kind of sold me on the game (though I will have to buy it for PC). The art style is cute yet a bit haunting as the titular Hollow Knight navigates this hostile world of sentient bugs with magical powers and big honking weapons.
The sound effects of the various boss monsters stuck out to me too, as they give each one a lot of personality in addition to their fighting and movement patterns.
As previously stated, Hollow Knight is on the Nintendo Switch right now for purchase. If you’re unable to do that right now and want to sate yourself with the E3 trailer until you can do so, it is available below courtesy of Nintendo’s official YouTube channel. Enjoy the endearingly stylized cartoon insect violence.
- Hollow Knight: Voidheart Edition Coming to PS4 and Xbox One
- Team Cherry Announces Hollow Knight's Gods & Glory DLC Release
- Hollow Knight Scores 250K in Switch Sales in the First 2 Weeks
- More Mayhem in the Kitchen as We Try Out Overcooked 2
- An Unexpected Surprise As We Try Out Metal Max Xeno with NIS America
- Lab Zero Games and 505 Games Show Us More of Indivisible
- 505 Games Throws Us Down The Deep Dungeon of Underworld Ascendant
- Iceman #1 Review: A Very Welcome Return - September 12, 2018
- House of Whispers #1 Review: Sandman Universe Struggling to Create Engagement - September 12, 2018
- Infinity Wars #3 Review: What if Captain America but Also Doctor Strange? - September 12, 2018
- Weapon X #23 Review: Deadpool is a Comic-Killer - September 11, 2018
- Nightwing #48 Review: The Motor Cycle Race of the Cosmos - September 11, 2018