Hollow Knight, the action-RPG Soulslike by Team Cherry, is receiving a Nintendo Switch, hitting the console today. This was revealed at the Nintendo E3 2018 press conference with a trailer showing off the gameplay for the audience.
On top of that, the various DLC expansions for Hollow Knight will be available to Switch players for free, including a new one coming soon called Gods and Glory.
I’ve yet to play Hollow Knight myself, but this trailer kind of sold me on the game (though I will have to buy it for PC). The art style is cute yet a bit haunting as the titular Hollow Knight navigates this hostile world of sentient bugs with magical powers and big honking weapons.
The sound effects of the various boss monsters stuck out to me too, as they give each one a lot of personality in addition to their fighting and movement patterns.
As previously stated, Hollow Knight is on the Nintendo Switch right now for purchase. If you’re unable to do that right now and want to sate yourself with the E3 trailer until you can do so, it is available below courtesy of Nintendo’s official YouTube channel. Enjoy the endearingly stylized cartoon insect violence.
- Team Cherry Announces Hollow Knight's Gods & Glory DLC Release
- Hollow Knight Scores 250K in Switch Sales in the First 2 Weeks
- More Mayhem in the Kitchen as We Try Out Overcooked 2
- An Unexpected Surprise As We Try Out Metal Max Xeno with NIS America
- Lab Zero Games and 505 Games Show Us More of Indivisible
- 505 Games Throws Us Down The Deep Dungeon of Underworld Ascendant
- Weapon X #22 Review: The Beginning of Weapon X-Force - August 18, 2018
- Batwoman #18 Review: A Photo Finish to a Beautiful Comic Series - August 18, 2018
- New Challengers #4 Review: Fighting the Dinosaur-Riding Undead - August 17, 2018
- Green Lanterns #53 Review: The Voice in the Ring Revealed - August 17, 2018
- Doctor Strange #4 Review: A Good Story Needlessly Complicated - August 17, 2018