Gambit is an all-new hybrid game mode for Destiny 2: Forsaken. It combines team PVE with some light PVP content in a “best of two” style match. Players will face off in teams of four to collect motes of light from downed AI enemies, competing for who can clear their PVE stage first.
The enemies come in waves, and players can summon beefed up enemy Blockers to prevent the other team from depositing their motes. They can also send one of their own over to harass the other team with a nice Invader buff that makes them practically invulnerable and way, way more deadly. The match is decided when one team summons a Primeval boss and kills it. Whoever summons and kills the Primeval first wins. So gameplay is divided into four parts: Fight. Collect. Bank. Invade.
Destiny 2: Forsaken arrives September 4th. It’s got a spiffy weapon rework, a new masterwork approach to weaponry and abilities, new supers, and new weapon types. You can now take a light or heavy bow into combat — because of course you can.
Forsaken brings all of the following to Destiny 2:
- Hunt Down the 8 Barons and their Crew
- Two New Destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City
- A Brand-New Raid
- Introducing Gambit, a 4v4 Competitive PvE Mode
- Wield New Powers with Nine Additional Supers
- Collect New Exotic Weapons, Armor, and Gear
- All-New Weapon Archetype, Legendary Bow
- New Story Missions, Adventures, Destination Activities, and more
You can check out the new Gambit game mode in the trailer below. Destiny 2: Forsaken releases September 4th, 2018.
- Katy Perry to Join Cast of Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - December 11, 2018
- The Leaderboard and NYXL to Host a Super Smash Bros Livestream Next Week - December 11, 2018
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018