Gambit is an all-new hybrid game mode for Destiny 2: Forsaken. It combines team PVE with some light PVP content in a “best of two” style match. Players will face off in teams of four to collect motes of light from downed AI enemies, competing for who can clear their PVE stage first.
The enemies come in waves, and players can summon beefed up enemy Blockers to prevent the other team from depositing their motes. They can also send one of their own over to harass the other team with a nice Invader buff that makes them practically invulnerable and way, way more deadly. The match is decided when one team summons a Primeval boss and kills it. Whoever summons and kills the Primeval first wins. So gameplay is divided into four parts: Fight. Collect. Bank. Invade.
Destiny 2: Forsaken arrives September 4th. It’s got a spiffy weapon rework, a new masterwork approach to weaponry and abilities, new supers, and new weapon types. You can now take a light or heavy bow into combat — because of course you can.
Forsaken brings all of the following to Destiny 2:
- Hunt Down the 8 Barons and their Crew
- Two New Destinations: The Tangled Shore and The Dreaming City
- A Brand-New Raid
- Introducing Gambit, a 4v4 Competitive PvE Mode
- Wield New Powers with Nine Additional Supers
- Collect New Exotic Weapons, Armor, and Gear
- All-New Weapon Archetype, Legendary Bow
- New Story Missions, Adventures, Destination Activities, and more
You can check out the new Gambit game mode in the trailer below. Destiny 2: Forsaken releases September 4th, 2018.
- Alterac Pass is Live in Heroes of the Storm - June 19, 2018
- 7 New Tracks and Weeny Issi Classic Races Roll Out in GTA Online This Week - June 19, 2018
- Warframe’s New Limbo Prime is Now Available on PC and Console - June 19, 2018
- DeathGarden Enters its Closed Beta Test Phase - June 19, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII is Getting a Third DLC Expansion Later This Month - June 19, 2018