The entertainment world is still in a state of shock about the loss of chef, author, and educator Anthony Bourdain. Several of Bourdain’s friends have offered condolences to his family and loved ones, admonishments about how to cover such a situation, and support to those who may need help.
During an invitation only concert at the Apollo Theatre Monday night in NYC, U2 frontman Bono dedicated a song to Bourdain and fashion designer Kate Spade, both of whom took their own lives within a week of each other.
“Music lost some great people who gave up on their own life, and that makes it kinda harder. Fashion and now this great storyteller, who I’m sure had stories he couldn’t tell us,” Bono said.
The band then played ‘Stuck in a Moment You Can’t Get Out Of’, which was originally written about the loss by suicide of INXS frontman Michael Hutchence, who hanged himself in 1997.
— Dalton Ross (@DaltonRoss) June 12, 2018
Bleeding Cool again wants to remind all our readers that you are NOT alone, and that someone is always out there who can listen. Call 1-800-273-8255 24 hours a day if you need help.
- CNN Planning Feature-Length Documentary About Anthony Bourdain
- CNN Says A Final, FINAL Season of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown' is Coming
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol. 3
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol. 2
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol 1
- Remaining Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Episodes Will Air on CNN
- Asia Argento, Eric Ripert React to Anthony Bourdain's Passing
- CNN to Remember Anthony Bourdain with Weekend Programming
- Anthony Bourdain, Celebrity Chef Turned Comic Creator, Has Died Aged 61
- The One Place Anthony Bourdain Can't Go, Because of Insurance
- Anthony Bourdain Sits Down To Dinner With Francis Ford Coppola