We knew it was likely only a matter of time before the 19th Marvel Cinematic Universe film from Marvel Studios, Avengers: Infinity War, would hit the huge benchmark: $2 billion at the worldwide box office.
According to Box Office Mojo, that happened today, making Infinity War the fourth film to cross that number.
— Box Office Mojo (@boxofficemojo) June 12, 2018
You’ll be unsurprised to know that the three films ahead of Avengers: Infinity War on the all-time grossing chart are Avatar with $2.788 billion, Titanic with $2.187, and Star Wars: The Force Awakens with $2.068 billion.
- Ocean's 8 is Looking at a $40M+ Opening Weekend
- Angela, Valkyrie, Thunderstrike, and Throg Lead Marvel's New Cosmic Team, the Asgardians of the Galaxy
- A Very Spoilery Avengers: Infinity War Song - Throwing Down the Gauntlet
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Eyeing a $130M-$150M Domestic Debut
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Takes in $14.1M on Thursday Night Previews
- Deadpool 2 Takes the Top Spot at the Box Office with a $125M Opening
- They Did It – Avengers: Infinity War Hits $1 Billion in Record Time
- 'Iron Man' 10 Years Later- Bleeding Cool Looks Back at First MCU Film
- Kevin Feige Thanks Everyone for Avengers: Infinity War's Record-Breaking Weekend and 10 Years of Movies
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 Trailer: Captain Pike and Smiling Spock - December 13, 2018
- ‘Relics and Rarities’ with Dungeon Master Deborah Ann Woll - December 13, 2018
- Jason Momoa and Co Did the Haka at ‘Aquaman’ Premiere - December 13, 2018
- Bad News for ‘Trial of Chicago 7’ Aaron Sorkin Film - December 13, 2018
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2019 Inductees Include Radiohead, The Cure, and More - December 13, 2018