The long-awaited release of the Resident Evil 2 remake was at last revealed at Sony’s E3 press conference. It begins from the perspective of a rat witnessing a Raccoon City police officer struggling with an infected before being crushed under a falling shelf. It then turns to the zombie chowing down on the officer’s neck in a surprisingly gory and lengthy scene. You even get to see the chunk of flesh dangling from its mouth.
The zombie is then shot by none other than Leon S. Kennedy and drops dead. The rest of the trailer is one-liners, short cutscenes, and shots of the gameplay as Raccoon City collapses.
The release is slated for January 25th, 2019 on the PlayStation 4, so it’s not that far off. Whether it will be released on the Xbox One remains to be seen. It may be one of those timed exclusives. Remember that Resident Evil 4 was once set to be a Nintendo GameCube exclusive.
I’ve personally been hoping for this one ever since I got to play the current-gen remastering of the original Resident Evil a couple of years back when it was the free PS Plus game of the month. I’ve since played the remaster of Resident Evil IV and 0 as well as Resident Evil 7.
Anywho, here is the trailer and enjoy the wonderfully floppy hair of Leon Kennedy.
- Resident Evil 2's Story Will Not Be the Same as the Original
- Nintendo Applies for New Japanese Trademarks on the GameCube
- Capcom Reps Say Resident Evil 2 Isn't Just a Remake
- Capcom Has No Plans to Bring Resident Evil 2 to Nintendo Switch
- Team Ninja Releases a Nioh 2 Trailer and Says Nothing After
- Weapon X #22 Review: The Beginning of Weapon X-Force - August 18, 2018
- Batwoman #18 Review: A Photo Finish to a Beautiful Comic Series - August 18, 2018
- New Challengers #4 Review: Fighting the Dinosaur-Riding Undead - August 17, 2018
- Green Lanterns #53 Review: The Voice in the Ring Revealed - August 17, 2018
- Doctor Strange #4 Review: A Good Story Needlessly Complicated - August 17, 2018