Hunt Showdown came out earlier this year by Crytek, and today during the E3 PC Gaming Show, we got word of an update on the way. Below is a snippet from PC Gamer’s website where they go into detail about the updates on the way, along with a fresh trailer showing off the horrors you’ll be hunting down.
The vintage crossbow: It’s a crossbow! Nothing too surprising, but skilled, stealthy players will appreciate that it doesn’t alert every monster and enemy player to your position. Bolts can be retrieved once fired, too.
Throwing knives: A new consumable item, throwing knives can be used for one match. Carried in addition to primary and secondary weapons, they’re great for silent, close quarters kills. Knives can also be retrieved from corpses and surfaces once thrown.
The hand crossbow: A small version of the vintage crossbow, but categorized as a pistol. It probably won’t be as efficient over long distances as the vintage, but as a stealthy sidearm, it can make your hunter a bit more adaptable to different playstyles. Bolts retrievable, too.
Stick explosive bombs: This one is pretty self-explanatory. Throw it, and it sticks to whatever it hits. Based on close scrutiny of the trailer, it appears they also explode. Curious.
The Water Devil: Hunt is getting a new monster in the Water Devil, a wormy, tentacled thing that attacks players in swamps and bayous. It is gross. I do not like it.
- Gloam Collective and Untitled Publisher Reveal Bravery Network Online
- Outright Games Reveals Latest Game Crayola Scoot Prior to E3
- The PC Gaming Show at E3 Liveblog with Bleeding Cool
- Assassin's Creed: Odyssey Details from Ubisoft at #E3
- Ubisoft Reveals More Details and a New Trailer for The Crew 2
- Ubisoft Highlights 'For Honor' Breach and Marching Fire During #E3
- Dealing With Aliens in Everyday Life With Desert Child at E3 - June 18, 2018
- A New Retro Gaming Solution Shown Off at E3 with Polymega - June 18, 2018
- Cygames Gives Us a Preview of Granblue Fantasy Project Re:Link at E3 - June 18, 2018
- Bigben Interactive Bring Warhammer: Chaosbane to the E3 Floor - June 18, 2018
- The Sinking City Takes Lovecraftian Pleasure to a New Level - June 18, 2018