Image Comics has revealed the release date for their standalone collection of Grim Wilkins‘ Mirenda, which Wilkins announced would be coming to the publisher back in May. The comic was also featured as part of Emma Rios and Brandon Graham‘s Island anthology magazine. From the press release:
Originally serialized in ISLAND, cartoonist Grim Wilkins’ (PROPHET: EARTH WAR) experimental fantasy adventure series MIRENDA will be collected in an oversized trade paperback this October.
When a jungle-dwelling woman discovers a mysterious demon trapped in her leg, she sets off on an extraordinary adventure to get it out. A deeply visual—and nearly silent—graphic novel, MIRENDA plays with the possibilities of the medium, taking up the torch left by the works of Moebius and Frazetta.
And also from the press release, some high praise from Wilkins for his own comic:
MIRENDA is a uniquely enjoyable reading experience,. I hope people have as much fun reading it as I did making it!
Look for it in comic stores on October 31st and bookstores on November 6th. See some preview pages here.
- Kavanaugh Alleged Sexual Assault Witness Reading Superman Comics in Delaware Hideout - September 25, 2018
- Stranger Things, Umbrella Academy, Black Hammer, and More Dark Horse NYCC Exclusives - September 25, 2018
- Finally! An Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant by Rob Liefeld - September 25, 2018
- Grant Morrison Reimagines Green Lantern as a Dude Who Crashes on Your Couch (Preview) - September 25, 2018
- Marvel Recycles 40-Year-Old Dave Cockrum Art for Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - September 25, 2018