Image Comics has revealed the release date for their standalone collection of Grim Wilkins‘ Mirenda, which Wilkins announced would be coming to the publisher back in May. The comic was also featured as part of Emma Rios and Brandon Graham‘s Island anthology magazine. From the press release:
Originally serialized in ISLAND, cartoonist Grim Wilkins’ (PROPHET: EARTH WAR) experimental fantasy adventure series MIRENDA will be collected in an oversized trade paperback this October.
When a jungle-dwelling woman discovers a mysterious demon trapped in her leg, she sets off on an extraordinary adventure to get it out. A deeply visual—and nearly silent—graphic novel, MIRENDA plays with the possibilities of the medium, taking up the torch left by the works of Moebius and Frazetta.
And also from the press release, some high praise from Wilkins for his own comic:
MIRENDA is a uniquely enjoyable reading experience,. I hope people have as much fun reading it as I did making it!
Look for it in comic stores on October 31st and bookstores on November 6th. See some preview pages here.
- Discussing Canadian Politics at the Dinner Table in Champions Annual #1 - December 15, 2018
- Scarlet Spider’s Continuity is Too Convoluted for the Inheritors to Swallow in Next Week’s Spider-Geddon Finale - December 15, 2018
- How Much Bitcoin Does it Cost to Kill Steve Rogers? Next Week’s Captain America #6 - December 15, 2018
- Rob Liefeld’s Levis Remembered in Next Week’s Seasons Beatings - December 15, 2018
- Millennials and Their Job Ghosting in Next Week’s Black Panther vs. Deadpool #3 - December 15, 2018