We take on the best giant lizard movie ever to be filmed around Lake Dallas, 1959’s The Giant Gila Monster. Along the way we talk about small towns and the roles people play within them, and how films like this one can help understand the need for vaccinations. Also, a few thoughts on Godzilla 1985.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror/Castle Talk Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, one of the writers for Bungie’s Destiny 2 and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing; Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man; Tony Salvaggio, lead singer of the band Deserts of Mars, lead guitarist of the band Rise from Fire, and co-creator of Clockwerx from Humanoids; attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver; and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle of Horror: The Blob Suggests Teen Gangs Are Here to Save Us All - June 18, 2018
- California Tiki: Voodoo Island (1957) Takes Place in a Voodoo-Less Area, but the Giant Man-Eating Plants Don’t Care - June 14, 2018
- Castle Talk – Lucy Chaplin: Science Starlet Creator Drew Edwards on Science Superheroes and Twitter Trolls - June 13, 2018
- Castle of Horror: The Giant Gila Monster Offers Nuanced, Realistic View of the Struggles of North Texas - June 11, 2018
- California Tiki: Beach Party Was a Secret Subversive Tract - June 7, 2018