DLaLa Studios made one of the surprise announcements during Xbox’s E3 presentation with an official trailer for an upcoming Battletoads game. The trailer didn’t reveal anything too specific, other than to introduce the game in the form of a comic book introduction and the animation of a speeder running into a wall as we have so often done in the original NES version of the game. Complete with this lovely logo below to show that we will be getting a three-player game sometime in 2019.
We were a little surprised to find DLaLa Studios had the rights, since the last time we saw anything Battletoads related was back when rare released Killer Instinct for Xbox One and added the character Rash as DLC content. If you’re not familiar with the company, they’re the people who released the brawler Overruled a few years ago, and are currently working on Nothing to Fear. They also boast working on cross-platform games, so don’t be too surprised if we see Battletoads will be available for both Xbox and PC. Beyond that, there isn’t much else we can glean from this trailer other than it’s awesome we’re going to be getting a new platformer with some familiar faces.
- Watch the Hardest Level in Battletoads Get Owned While Blindfolded
- Cyberpunk 2077 Gets a Brand New Trailer During Xbox's E3 Press Conference
- Just Cause 4 Announced at the Xbox E3 Briefing
- Dying Light 2 Sends You Running Through The Zombie Ridden Streets Again
- Pearl Abyss Announces Black Desert Online Coming to Xbox One
- New Trailer for Sessions, the Skateboarding Simulator, Shown at #E32018