Tales of Vespseria was a well-liked Japanese Role-Playing Game released on Xbox 360 in 2008 as part of the popular long-running Tales Of JRPG series. It has see a manga adaptation and a feature-length anime prequel.
Microsoft has just announced Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, remastered for Xbox One. It will include the complete game with new characters and content previously only available on the 2009 Japanese Playstation 3 edition.
The Tales games are set in a fantasy medieval world with dragons, magic and a plucky band of knights, sorcerers and fighters on a mission to save the kingdom and the world. They go on a journey to hunt a stolen power source, gather friends and allies, fight enemies and face an ultimate boss enemy. All the Tales games tend to follow this basic template with variations on characters and morality. There have been 15 titles in the Tales series since 1995, of which Tales of Vesperia is the 9th, so Namco Bandai must be doing something right. The games are light-hearted fun with the slightly elaborate battle systems that define the combat in JRPGs.
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition is slated for a Winter 2019 release. Nintendo is expected to announce the Nintendo Switch version as well at E3.
- Hayao Miyazaki to Receive Lifetime Achievement Award from the Los Angeles Film Critics Association - October 23, 2018
- Look! It Moves! – The Symbols and Meanings of Halloween - October 21, 2018
- Yannick Paquette on the Difference Between Grant Morrison and Brian Bendis – NYCC18 - October 5, 2018
- The Girl Who Danced With Death at New York Comic Con - October 5, 2018
- Pictures from Artist’s Alley at NYCC - October 4, 2018