It looks like Bandai Namco are going to get into the crossover event game with their own E3 exclusive title, Jump Force. The game was revealed during the Xbox press conference this afternoon, in which they showed off several characters from properties that Bandai Namco has the license to (Dragon Ball, Naruto, One Piece, Death Note) where they will “Unite to Fight” each other. While the trailer doesn’t show anything concrete from the game, it clearly takes a page from crossover fighting titles like Marvel vs. Capcom, giving players a chance to fight with characters you’d normally never see together.
In case you’re curious what’s up with the weird title, Jump Force is actually a reference to Shonen Jump, which is a weekly manga anthology that publishes the comics of all the characters in the game, including the Dragon Ball Super series. With that knowledge in mind, all you have to do is go find a copy of the magazine and realize the possibilities as they also publish manga series from Blue Exorcist, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Haikyu, Momiji no Kisetsu, Bleach, and more. So if you think we’re just getting popular characters from well-known series or only characters that would fit in a fighting game sense, you may not have seen anything yet.
- Bandai Namco Finally Give Us a Jump Force Action Trailer
- Bandai Namco Shows New Images of Ichigo from Bleach in Jump Force
- Yu-Gi-Oh! to Receive New Physical Sets Coming in the Fall
- Ichigo from Bleach Joins the Roster for Jump Force
- Jump Force's Producer Gets More Into the Death Note Characters
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for November 13-19, 2018 - November 14, 2018
- 2018 Hearthstone All-Star Invitational Returns to Taiwan in December - November 13, 2018
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider’s First DLC “The Forge” is Released - November 13, 2018
- VRV is Currently Hosting “The History of PlayStation” Documentary - November 13, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Reveals Images from New Breath of the Wild Book - November 13, 2018