Now this is the kind of thing that gets studio heads to pay attention. The full trailer for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse dropped on Tuesday and was met with almost universal praise. Fans were really impressed with the art style and proceeded to lose their minds when Spider-Gwen appeared at the end. That kind of reception is important, but studio heads like numbers, so here are some numbers.
According to Deadline the trailer brought in an impressive 44 million views on its first 24 hours “with the spot standing as one of the Culver City lot’s most viral rate of 32:1”. There is no better way to get people talking than to go viral and that trailer was everywhere.
That’s a first day viral rate up there with Sony’s Sausage Party, and beating the Spider-Verse‘s first teaser (11:3) and even Warner Bros.’ Lego Batman (11:4). Also within the first day of Spider-Verse‘s release, it totaled 164K social conversations and 26M views across all social platforms, (Facebook, YouTube, etc).
Fans have been long awaiting Miles Morales to make his big-screen debut. While most were hoping it would be in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, this is still good. It means there is demand for this character, and maybe we’ll see a live-action version sooner than later. For now this one looks really good, and we can’t wait until December.
Also if Peter Porker the Spider-Ham doesn’t make an appearance I’ll flip a table.
Summary: Spider-Man crosses parallel dimensions and teams up with the Spider-Men of those dimensions to stop a threat to all reality.
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman, stars Shameik Moore, Liev Schreiber, Lily Tomlin, Mahershala Ali, Jake Johnson, Luna Lauren Velez, and Hailee Steinfeld. It will be released on December 14th.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 5: Promo, Summary, and a Giant Octopus - November 13, 2018
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Noir Inspired Poster - November 12, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Nick Zano Explains Why He Isn’t in Tonight’s Episode - November 12, 2018
- New Banner for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Teases the Various Spider-People - November 12, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says Most People Are Unfamiliar with the Eternals and That’s a Good Thing - November 12, 2018