While the first Suicide Squad was not lacking style it was lacking any substance. This probably came from the fact that director/writer David Ayer reportedly only had six weeks to complete the script. It looks like Warner Bros. and DC are looking to avoid that aspect when it comes to Suicide Squad 2. The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that David Bar Katz and Todd Stashwick have been brought on to help director Gavin O’Connor.
Katz is known for his Black List script The Man in the Rockefeller Suit, and has multiple features in development, including Chasing Phil with Robert Downey Jr.’s Team Downey and Warner Bros. He also has comic book experience, performing a rewrite on New Line’s Spawn as well as penning the play The History of Invulnerability, which is about the creation of Superman. Stashwick comes from the acting world and has worked on Fox’s Batman prequel Gotham, as well as SyFy’s 12 Monkeys. He recently revealed he was working on the Suicide Squad 2 script and describes himself as a lifelong DC fan.
There are rumors that the follow-up to Suicide Squad is looking to enter production the beginning of next year and pushing for a late 2019 to early 2020 release date though it’s unclear whether or not schedules will let them happen. Margot Robbie is very busy with her own Harley Quinn spin-off Birds of Prey and a role in Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 5: Promo, Summary, and a Giant Octopus - November 13, 2018
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Noir Inspired Poster - November 12, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Nick Zano Explains Why He Isn’t in Tonight’s Episode - November 12, 2018
- New Banner for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Teases the Various Spider-People - November 12, 2018
- Kevin Feige Says Most People Are Unfamiliar with the Eternals and That’s a Good Thing - November 12, 2018