Stranger Things fans will soon be able to expand their world with a series of novels and companion books to the hit Netflix series. This fall will see the release of a behind-the-scenes book on the show, along with a young adult gift book. The main event, however, will be a prequel novel set before the events of the show focusing on Eleven’s mother and the MKUltra program. That novel will be written by Gwenda Bond, and it will release in the spring.
The books will be released in the US and UK by the publishing houses Del Rey Books, Random House Children’s Books, Cornerstone Publishing, and Penguin Random House Children’s UK. Penguin Random Audio House will also release audio versions of the novels. More books for both adults and young readers will be available next fall.
These look to expand on the popularity of the mega-hit Netflix series, now in production on its third season. Three new cast members are joining the fun, with Jake Busey playing a reporter, Francesca Reale playing a lifeguard at Hawkins Community Pool, and Cary Elwes playing the Mayor of Hawkins. It’s funny that we never saw the Mayor at this point, with all of the shenanigans that have taken place.
There is no announced release date for season 3 of Stranger Things, but most guesses are that it will debut in the spring of 2019. With the novel releasing then, it is a good bet that they will be pretty closely linked release-wise. Keep an eye out.
- The 'Stranger Things' Season 2 Scenes Director Shawn Levy is Most Proud Of
- Netflix Shares 'Stranger Things' Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
- KidRobot x Sanrio Hello Kitty Blind Box Figures Are Now Available to Order - November 14, 2018
- Green Lantern John Stewart Joins the Mezco One:12 Collective Line - November 14, 2018
- Leprechaun Returns Drops Trailer, New Poster - November 14, 2018
- New Darth Vader Empire Strikes Back Statue Up For Order From Gentle Giant - November 14, 2018
- Veronica Mars Cast Reunites as First Table Read Takes Place - November 14, 2018