I think if I ever sell a TV series, my first question might be, “How soon until we can get John Noble to guest star?” The Lord of the Rings, Fringe, and Sleepy Hollow actor has been popping up on a lot of shows lately including DC’s Legends of Tomorrow and The Blacklist. Word is that he will be returning to another role he’s been playing the last few years, Morland Holmes, father of Sherlock (Johnny Lee Miller) on the CBS series Elementary.
Noble first appeared in the series in the first episode of season 4 after having been mentioned many times and even impersonated by Sherlock’s actor friend Alistair Moore (Roger Rees). He appeared in 13 episodes in the fourth season but hasn’t been seen since… until the episode set to air July 2nd.
Executive producer Rob Doherty told TVLine:
Family stuff will bring Morland (played by John Noble) and Sherlock back together. There will be developments that require the two of them getting together in New York, where they’ll have to deal with the ramifications of something that happens within the Holmes family. And they’ll have to deal with the professional choice that Morland made a few years ago when he decided to become the head of what was left of Moriarty’s organization.
Elementary airs Mondays on CBS and has been renewed for a seventh season.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018