Today, Fantasy Flight Games made an official announcement about the ending of Android: Netrunner, which will be happening in late October. According to a blog post from the company, their licensing agreement is coming to an end, and with it, the card game will officially shut down and stop selling merchandise related to the game. The company reassured fans that while the game was ending, it would continue to be explored for years to come. Below is a snippet of the announcement.
Starting on October 22nd, 2018, Fantasy Flight Games will no longer offer for sale any Android: Netrunner The Card Game products, including Android: Netrunner playmats and card sleeves. Before we reach that point, Android: Netrunner still has one final stop to make: the Reign and Reverie deluxe expansion will be the final product for the game. Featuring cards for every faction, Reign and Reverie is a celebration of all things Android: Netrunner, and an appropriately climactic conclusion to the game’s six-year run. What’s more, while Android: Netrunner is coming to an end, the worlds of Android will continue to be explored, from the gritty streets of SanSan to the warring colonies of Mars, in future products from Fantasy Flight Games.
- Leviathan, Cold Spots, Perdy, Hey Kids! Comics, Crowded, Stairway and L'il Donnie Launch From Image in August 2018 Solicits
- The Top 10 Rejected Marvel Slogans Before They Settled on "Selling Comics, Making Memories"
- [#Tribeca2018] Bleeding Cool's Tribeca Film Festival Guide to All 96 Feature Films
- Reborn as a Vending Machine, I Now Wander the Dungeon: Yen Press April 2018 Solicits
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Stormborn Pics Show Jon, Littlefinger Tension
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018