It looks like another familiar face is returning for Top Gun: Maverick. According to The Wrap, Val Kilmer is reportedly set to reprise his role as Tom “Iceman” Kazansky. Iceman was Pete “Maverick” Mitchell chief rival in the original film, and Tom Cruise‘s Maverick will work as a mentor to younger pilots. It’s unclear what role Iceman would have in the latest movie.
We know that production on this one started because Cruise posted a picture on Instagram showing himself in the uniform. This is a project that has been rumored for years and is finally being brought to film by director Joseph Kosinski with a script by Eric Warren Singer, Peter Craig, and Justin Marks.
As soon as the movie was announced Kilmer took to Instagram to say how much he wants to return for this movie. It’s nice that he’s getting that opportunity after all of the health problems he’s had in recent years.
Paramount declined to comment on the casting.
- Miles Teller to Play Goose's Son in 'Top Gun: Maverick'
- Top Gun: Maverick - Who Will Play Goose's Son?
- First Look at Iron Fist Season 2 Confirmed for Tomorrow at SDCC - July 18, 2018
- 190+ Shots of San Diego Comic-Con’s Show Floor from Preview Night - July 18, 2018
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters – Teaser Video, Logo, and a New Banner - July 18, 2018
- The Joaquin Phoenix Joker Movie Gets a 2019 Release Date - July 18, 2018
- David Dunn Is Here for the 2nd Teaser for M. Night Shyamalan’s ‘Glass’ - July 18, 2018