Even more Profiles in History auction goodness to report on today, especially if you’re a fan of Superman. There were several items listed in day two’s Icons & Legends of Hollywood that pertain to our favorite last son of Krypton, but one of the pieces from Superman II really caught my eye.
Namely, Sarah Douglas‘s Ursa costume from Superman II, even without those nifty patches she picks up during her time with Zod (Terrance Stamp). It just sold at auction for $8,500 (USD) — a steal, really.
The listing for the item reads:
795. Sarah Douglas “Ursa” jumpsuit from Superman II. (Warner Bros., 1981) Vintage original 1-piece jumpsuit of sheer black voile embellished with reflective black faux leather piping and with hook and eye front closure. Featuring revealing, plunging box neckline and with belt and piping at split sleeves and pant legs. An integral self belt joins with another belt that threads between pant legs. Retaining the internal Bermans & Nathans bias label printed, “Sarah Douglas 15153 Superman II”. Exhibiting very minor wear. In vintage fine condition. $3,000 – $5,000
There were other Superman items too; we’ll let you know what those go for.
- Evil Superman Suit from 'Superman III' Sells for $200k
- Marty McFly's BTTF II Hoverboard Sells for $28K
- Jamie Lee Curtis's Little Black Dress from 'True Lies' Sold for $3K
- Kurgan's Sword From Highlander Sold for $10k, Ramirez Katana for $15k
- Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator Motorcycle Sold for $520k
- Blade Runner Prop Gun Sells for $41k, Snake Plissken's MAC-10 for $20k
- Ripley's 'Alien' Space Suit Goes for $204k, 'Aliens' Flamethrower for $108k
- Obi-Wan's Lightsaber Chest Just Sold for $110,000 at Auction
- One of Jane Fonda's Barbarella Rifles Sold for $220,000 at Auction
- Cesar Romero's The Joker Suit Sells for $89,600 at Auction
- Henry Cavill Wanted to Fight [SPOILER] in Man of Steel 2 - July 18, 2018
- Fathom Events Brings ‘The Big Lebowski’ Back to Theaters for 20th Anniversary - July 18, 2018
- BBC Releases 3 New Doctor Who Photos Ahead of SDCC - July 18, 2018
- 2 More ‘The Crown’ Season 3 Images: Helena Bonham Carter and Ben Daniels - July 18, 2018
- Jamie Foxx Auditioned to Play Spawn 6 Years Ago, Teases Plot of Reboot - July 17, 2018