He may still be learning the ropes of that whole “with great power comes great responsibility” thing, but for him to be the “Spider-Man” his universe needs him to be, he can’t do it alone. As we can see from the first official trailer for Sony Pictures Animation‘s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Shameik Moore‘s Miles Morales is going to have to learn to not only get by with a little help from his friends – but also survive.
Those friends and family members are being backed by some seriously talented voices, with Jake Johnson cast as Miles’s reluctant mentor, Peter Parker; Hailee Steinfeld playing free-spirited Spider-Gwen; Mahershala Ali as Miles’s Uncle Aaron; Brian Tyree Henry set as Miles’s father Jefferson; Luna Lauren Velez as Miles’s mother Rio; and Lily Tomlin as Aunt May. But not everyone is on Miles’s side, with Liev Schreiber set to voice man-mountain crime lord Kingpin.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask. Directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman, the screenplay is by Phil Lord. The film is produced, in association with Marvel, by Avi Arad, Amy Pascal, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Christina Steinberg.
“We are lucky to have such an amazing cast of funny, genuine creative souls to populate the Spider-verse. They have generous minds and great big hearts. And they have very talented throats. Which is where their delightful voices come from. We can’t wait for the world to see Miles Morales on the big screen. He’s such a fun and exciting new character, and telling his story through a revolutionary visual style makes for a totally fresh cinematic experience that, if we may say so, is freaking amazing.”
– Phil Lord and Christopher Miller
- Charmed Season 1 ‘Pilot’ Review: A Strong Start That Honors, Updates Original Series - October 15, 2018
- Simon Pegg on Amazon’s The Boys (The Bleeding Cool Interview) - October 15, 2018
- HBO’s Watchmen: Damon Lindelof “Remix” Series Releases New Teaser Image, Logo - October 15, 2018
- The Walking Dead s09e02 ‘The Bridge’ Builds Season 9 Tension Effectively (REVIEW) - October 15, 2018
- Bring Out Your Dead 902: Bleeding Cool’s The Walking Dead Live-Blog! - October 14, 2018