He may still be learning the ropes of that whole “with great power comes great responsibility” thing, but for him to be the “Spider-Man” his universe needs him to be, he can’t do it alone. As we can see from the first official trailer for Sony Pictures Animation‘s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Shameik Moore‘s Miles Morales is going to have to learn to not only get by with a little help from his friends – but also survive.
Those friends and family members are being backed by some seriously talented voices, with Jake Johnson cast as Miles’s reluctant mentor, Peter Parker; Hailee Steinfeld playing free-spirited Spider-Gwen; Mahershala Ali as Miles’s Uncle Aaron; Brian Tyree Henry set as Miles’s father Jefferson; Luna Lauren Velez as Miles’s mother Rio; and Lily Tomlin as Aunt May. But not everyone is on Miles’s side, with Liev Schreiber set to voice man-mountain crime lord Kingpin.
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the creative minds behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, bring their unique talents to a fresh vision of a different Spider-Man Universe, with a groundbreaking visual style that’s the first of its kind. Spider-Man™: Into the Spider-Verse introduces Brooklyn teen Miles Morales, and the limitless possibilities of the Spider-Verse, where more than one can wear the mask. Directed by Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman, the screenplay is by Phil Lord. The film is produced, in association with Marvel, by Avi Arad, Amy Pascal, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller, and Christina Steinberg.
“We are lucky to have such an amazing cast of funny, genuine creative souls to populate the Spider-verse. They have generous minds and great big hearts. And they have very talented throats. Which is where their delightful voices come from. We can’t wait for the world to see Miles Morales on the big screen. He’s such a fun and exciting new character, and telling his story through a revolutionary visual style makes for a totally fresh cinematic experience that, if we may say so, is freaking amazing.”
– Phil Lord and Christopher Miller
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 4, Episode 13 ‘The Nightman Cometh’ (Day #4) - December 16, 2018
- American Gods: Holy Binge Watching! Starz Offers Season 1 Live-Tweet Marathon - December 15, 2018
- Adult Swim’s Toonami Shifts Line-Up, Start Time in January 2019 - December 15, 2018
- The Twelve Days of ‘Sunny’: Season 3, Episode 9 ‘Sweet Dee’s Dating a Retarded Person’ (Day #3) - December 15, 2018
- Apple Lands Rights to New Peanuts Content – So Snoopy’s An iPhone User Now? - December 14, 2018