Stan Sakai‘s new seven-part Usagi Yojimbo series continues with issue #4 due out on June 20th. Usagi Yojimbo: The Hidden follows our hero on his way to see Inspector Ishida, Usagi is confronted by Shogunate guards… a sign of the times. While unraveling a pair of murders in town later, Usagi and Ishida become wary as they find the corpses stripped of all identification — except for a talisman that leads to a startling discovery!
But fans of the series take note: while the issue says #4, it’s still part of the main series and the indicia will list the book as #169 to keep the series numbering intact. It’s similar to the way Dark Horse does B.P.R.D. as mini-series, but the indicia shows you the overall number for the series. The idea is to present a new jumping in point for readers who might be intimidated by a large series number.
USAGI YOJIMBO: THE HIDDEN #4
Writer: Stan Sakai | Artist: Stan Sakai | Cover Artist: Stan Sakai
The only person who knows the true contents of the mysterious box Usagi and Detective Ishida are tracking escapes from custody–and then hired assassins attack Usagi and Ishida! The realization that someone has been following them all along leads to a plan to seek help from a very unexpected source.
- Supergirl Season 3, Episode 23 Recap: Battles Lost and Won - June 18, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 8 Recap: Blowin’ Up the Spot - June 18, 2018
- Exclusive: J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Cavallero Bring ‘Impossible, Incorporated’ to IDW - June 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: The Final Battle of Supergirl vs. Reign - June 18, 2018
- Addressing Those Flash Season 5 Rumors - June 18, 2018