Stan Sakai‘s new seven-part Usagi Yojimbo series continues with issue #4 due out on June 20th. Usagi Yojimbo: The Hidden follows our hero on his way to see Inspector Ishida, Usagi is confronted by Shogunate guards… a sign of the times. While unraveling a pair of murders in town later, Usagi and Ishida become wary as they find the corpses stripped of all identification — except for a talisman that leads to a startling discovery!
But fans of the series take note: while the issue says #4, it’s still part of the main series and the indicia will list the book as #169 to keep the series numbering intact. It’s similar to the way Dark Horse does B.P.R.D. as mini-series, but the indicia shows you the overall number for the series. The idea is to present a new jumping in point for readers who might be intimidated by a large series number.
USAGI YOJIMBO: THE HIDDEN #4
Writer: Stan Sakai | Artist: Stan Sakai | Cover Artist: Stan Sakai
The only person who knows the true contents of the mysterious box Usagi and Detective Ishida are tracking escapes from custody–and then hired assassins attack Usagi and Ishida! The realization that someone has been following them all along leads to a plan to seek help from a very unexpected source.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018