Take this with a grain of salt, but a report claims that Amazon Studios Lord of the Rings television series has already been ordered for up to five seasons. The other Moria-sized news is the expected price tag, which we already knew about — upwards of $1 billion.
The five seasons report comes from LA Bible, which has yet to be confirmed from other sources.
Earlier this year it was confirmed that the first season of the series would center on Aragorn, theoretically touching on his younger days and maybe even the first time he meets Arwen. Originally there was talk of a multi-season order, but it was unclear if there was an actual number attached yet. There was also talk of “spin-off opportunities” right off the bat.
We don’t know much else about the series yet, other than the original price tag Amazon Studios paid for the rights: a $250 million deal with the estate of author J.R.R. Tolkien, Harper Collins, and New Line Cinema.
Needless to say, we’re all pretty excited to see who gets tapped to run the series and which parts of the rich Middle Earth history are brought to life. Again.
- Amazon Studios' LotR Series Looking at 2021 Air Date, Report Says
- Peter Jackson is NOT Part of Amazon Studios' LotR TV Series, Nor That DCEU Film
- Billy Boyd, 4 Others Join Outlander Season 4 Cast
- The Avengers Assembled to Get Matching BFF Tattoos
- New Details Emerge on Amazon's $250 Million Lord of the Rings Series Deal
- Lord Of The Rings Receives Multi-Season Series Deal From Amazon
- Shannara Chronicles Season 2: Making It Up As The Go Along
- Amazon Studios, Warner Bros. Planning Lord Of The Rings TV Series
- James Wan Gets Funko Pop, Teases ‘Aquaman’ Battle - June 22, 2018
- Netflix Fires Communications Director for N-Word Use During Meeting - June 22, 2018
- Lucasfilm Source Says They’re Still Making Multiple Spinoff Films - June 22, 2018
- Netflix Shares ‘Stranger Things’ Behind The Scenes Featurette - June 22, 2018
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Comic Con- SDCC Moves In - June 22, 2018